The Freetown Secondary School for Girls Georgia chapter seeks to continue to keep alive the dream of those who worked so hard to keep our Alma Mater going the last 72 years.
We want to ensure that the school is there for a very long time, providing affordable and quality education. Our fund-raising efforts will benefit the children who excel in all areas of academics, and good attendance record.
Scholarships will be in the form of school supplies, uniforms, transportation, books, and assistance for day and lodge-in students. In addition, the association will help with the expansion of the educational facilities.
Our School Histroy:
On 20th January 1926, the Freetown Secondary School for Girls opened its doors in a building at the corner of Garrison and Gloucester Streets (at the entrance of Victoria Park), with 20 girls as the foundation pupils. Mrs Maisie Osora was appointed Principal, with Miss Hannah Luke as Vice Principal.
The FSSG was for many years, the only school that provided an educational programme from Kindergarten through Secondary School. This flexibility allowed the school to admit boys in the nursery and kindergarten departments.